Many thanks, Dr. Fauci, for speaking the truth for the past year, when there was so much dis-information. I encouraged everyone to listen to you. You can speak about what is important much better than I can write about it!
Biden is president and Dr. Fauci can speak directly to us from the White House. I don’t need to compile this Fauci Tracker any more!!
After Sparring With Trump, Fauci Said the Biden Administration Feels ‘Liberating’
I started this Tracker to let people know when he was speaking and post the videos here. He became the most trusted source for Covid info and spoke the truth. He was hard to find online. Dr. Fauci was restricted on where he could be interviewed.
He is an “insider” who is a Special Advisor the President Biden, does Covid vaccine research in his lab and is a practicing physician. Fauci explains topics so everyone can understand what is happening now and his forecasts for the future.
I will continue to post Fauci humorous videos. We all need something that makes us laugh!!! I will update my list below when posting these plus interviews that are well done, with experienced interviewers.
To get a full list of all my Fauci posts click Continue Reading below
Saturday Night Live brings out its own Dr. Fauci to talk about the coronavirus vaccine rollout. 12-12-20 – 5 minutes. We all need some humor!!
LINKS TO FAUCI POSTS
- Dr. Fauci – Virus Mutation Expanding, Testing, Schools, The Future 12-29-20 December 31, 2020
- 12-20-20 Dr. Fauci Current Vaccine News: Who Gets It First and Why, Virus Mutations, Travel Bans, etc. 12-21-20
- 12-11-20 Coronavirus Vaccine Update With Anthony Fauci – 32 minutes
- 12-12-20 Dr. Fauci on Saturday Night Live Humor
- 11-23-20 Fauci: Herd Immunity. Vaccines. Testing.
- 11-23-20 Dr. Fauci: Surges – Don’t Give Up. Vaccine Approval Process.
- 11-10-20 Dr. Fauci says vaccine could be available to all by April
- 10-28-20 Fauci Update Holidays, Face masks, Vaccines, Herd Immunity
- 10-18-20 Don’t Mess With Dr. Fauci! Fortunately, Fauci said what I wanted to say. Thanks, Dr. Fauci!!
- 9-25-20 Fauci Vaccine Update – approval, distribution, vaccination
- 9-22-20 Dr. Fauci and Dr. Sanjay Gupta – vaccines and winter risks
- 9-10-20 Dr. Fauci spoke at a live webinar, with over 6,000 virtual attendees and many questions
- 9-8-20 Comments on College students returning and Vaccines (VIDEO and full transcript)
- 9-7-20 Dr. Anthony Fauci – the “big picture”. Why does Dr. Fauci do so many interviews on Instagram, Facebook live, etc.?
- 9-1-20 Dr. Fauci is Back!! Comments on deaths, schools, asymptomatic testing, etc. (VIDEO) 5 minutes 40 sec
- 8-31-2020 Dr. Fauci answers questions many people have
- 8-20-20 Fauci Talks About Vaccines, Treatments, School Safety
- 8-13-20 Fauci: The Bottom line is, I’m not pleased with how things are going
- 7-23-20 Parody of the Song ‘Alexander Hamilton’ With Dr. Anthony Fauci as the Title Character
11-23-20 Fauci: Herd Immunity. Vaccines. Testing.
11-23-20 34 minutes. The Path Forward: Combating COVID-19 with Anthony S. Fauci. Excellent interview by Robert Costa of the Washington Post. Hear Fauci speak about Herd immunity, Vaccines, Testing, and a lot more. Much better than reading about it!! Plus more time for Fauci to talk about it. News “sound bytes” are too short. Some of the topics (Starts at 17 minutes after surge warnings:
- Herd immunity plus example using an African wildebeest (antelope) herd. Understandable by everyone.
- Vaccines. Excellent analysis from approval to the future.
- Very good explanation of the PCR vs. antigen vs. antibody Covid tests. – Post-Covid syndrome – after the virus is gone. It can last for months—many problems.
To read my full post, click here.
Dr. Fauci: Surges – Don’t Give Up. Vaccine Approval Process. 11-23-20
11-23-20 Video and full transcript 12 minutes, 40 seconds. Judy Woodruff is an excellent interviewer. This interview is long enough to have more than one topic typically included in a news story video, which is very short.
Unfortunately, three of our most popular socializing times are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years’, all are in the cold winter months when we usually meet indoors.
Link to video and full transcript – PBS Newshour. Note: Fauci is an excellent speaker. Seeing him is much better than reading a transcript. I tested this on myself. The transcript is useful if you want to be sure you remember what he said.
One brief excerpt
“The process of the decision of whether or not a vaccine is safe and effective… is made by an independent group of scientists, vaccinologists, ethicists, statisticians.
Dr. Fauci says vaccine could be available to all by April
11-10-20 Updated 11-17-20 Why has he changed his forecast from much later in 2121? Because with over 90% efficacy, many people will want to take the vaccines. The flu vaccines are 40-60% effective. Only about 50% of people get one. Covid is significantly more dangerous than the flu. Plus, the Covid vaccine could be available to all by April!
Return to Normalcy finally!!
Dr. Fauci has always said “cautiously optimistic” about vaccines. For the first time, he said “The results are really quite good, I mean extraordinary,”
Fauci Update: Holidays, Face masks, Vaccines, Herd Immunity 10-28-20
October 28, 2020. 28 minutes. Anthony S. Fauci, MD returns to JAMA’s Q&A series to discuss the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic. See the topics and times below. One of the best Fauci interviews I have heard. Find out more detail than what you hear on the radio or TV news.
The full interview is worth listening to. Or, scroll through the video or audio recording to find you want. To read the many youtube comments, scroll down past the list of other videos.
9-10-20 Dr. Fauci spoke at a live webinar, with over 6,000 virtual attendees and many questions.
Harvard Medical Grand Rounds Webinar — Dr. Fauci’s lecture, “COVID-19—Public Health and Scientific Challenges” was 1 hour and 6 minutes. Started with an introduction, then Fauci started speaking at 4 minutes. Click here to watch.
This 1-hour webinar covered many of the topics I discuss in this newsletter. Fauci was very understandable, of course. The three panelists were good also, only occasionally using technical terminology.
Often, the media only shows short clips of what he said. At this event he has lots more time plus good slides to illustrate what he is saying. Using very good slides made a big difference
Set up computer screen so you can see better. Controls are the right side of the screen.
Top of screen: current slide and Fauci speaking
Bottom of the screen: slides scrolling
Fauci Topics – starts at 4 minutes
- Virology – comparison with SARS, MERS, etc.
- Transmission – airborne, changes over time, who and where transmitted, etc.
- Clinical manifestations – symptoms, our knowledge changes over time, underlying health conditions
- Therapeutics (Treatment)
- Vaccines – when will be approved, distribution, resistance to taking, etc
Q&A (answered by Fauci and 3 panelists)
Starts at 36:40 minutes A few of the topics:
- Flu and Covid
- Sports leagues what are they doing
- Lessons we learned for the future
Final Fauci Wrap-up: Starts about 6 minutes from the end
Where to get more information
Read excerpts from the webinar from Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s newsletter, “Fauci Joins Infectious Disease Experts for Candid Reflections on COVID-19”
8-31-2020 Dr. Fauci answers questions many people have
Posted on youtube 8/31/20 Tiffany Haddish is an actress and comedian. There was lots of smiling and laughing. Quite a contrast to Fauci’s usually very serious interviews! Dr. Fauci answers questions many people have. I get these questions a lot when people find out I write about Covid. To read more, click here.
If you, or someone you know, want understandable explanations from a widely recognized expert for questions that a lot of people have, forward this blog post to them, or send the link.
9-8-20 Comments on College students returning and Vaccines (VIDEO and full transcript)
Fauci speaks for about 5 minutes on PBS NewsHour. The first minute is of the video is a promo of other PBS programs. Next is a brief summary of current Covid issues by the interviewer, Judy Woodruff.
Issues include: Will we get a vaccine by Nov. 3? Who will take it?
My opinion: As usual, I agree with Dr. Fauci. I don’t always agree, but it is usually because I am not as conservative in my science opinions. Getting a vaccine approved by Nov. 3 is possible but has a very low probability. The distribution will take time.
9-1-20 Dr. Fauci is Back!! Comments on deaths, schools, asymptomatic testing, etc. (VIDEO) 5 minutes 40 sec.
The interview is for 5 min. 40 seconds on NewsHour. His “raspy” voice is gone (from too many interviews). Fauci took two weeks off to get a vocal cord polyp removed.
Very good short interview. To watch the video, click here. 30-second of ads but worth waiting for the video. The transcript link is below the video on the right. The related extras link below goes to another recent Fauci interview.
8-18-20 Fauci Talks to Healthline About COVID-19 Vaccines, School Safety in Live Town Hall (Video) 61 minutes
Excerpt from Healthline’s information on the town hall.
Dr. Anthony Fauci continues to be cautiously optimistic that the United States will know if there’s an effective, safe vaccine around the end of 2020 or the start of 2021.
Multiple vaccine candidates are now being evaluated in phase III trials to ensure they’re safe and effective.
Fauci also touched on major challenges in the fight against COVID-19, pointing out that contact tracing in the United States is still not where it needs to be.
The conversation, which was moderated by Healthline’s Medical Affairs Director Dr. Elaine Hanh Le, dug into how COVID-19 has affected mental health, child care and schools, and frontline workers.
The experts also explored the most effective treatments being used against the new coronavirus along with what to expect in regard to future treatments and a vaccine.
To watch the 61-minute event Click Here
Fauci is speaking from 15 min. to 33 min. and then does a Q and A discussion with two panelists.
For information on the speakers, Healthline (the sponsor), and more information on what was discussed Click Here
8-13-20 Fauci: The Bottom line is, I’m not pleased with how things are going. (Video)
Speaking at the National Geographic panel on Stopping Pandemics
Excerpts: U.S. public health officials are beginning to see a “disturbing” uptick in the rate of coronavirus tests that come back positive in some regions of the nation”, Fauci said.
“We certainly are not where I hoped we would be, we are in the middle of very serious historic pandemic,” he added.
To listen to excerpts of Fauci’s speech on opening safely, reopening schools, and voter safety, plus read transcript Click Here . Scroll down the page to see each section of his speech.
To listen to the full panel (1 hour 13 min.) Click here (Fauci is at the beginning, starting at 4 minutes) Fauci, the featured presenter, speaks for 29 minutes.