October 28, 2020. 28 minutes. Anthony S. Fauci, MD returns to JAMA’s Q&A series to discuss the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic. See the topics and times below. One of the best Fauci interviews I have heard. Find out more detail than what you hear on the radio or TV news.
The full interview is worth listening to. Or, scroll through the video or audio recording to find you want. To read the many youtube comments, scroll down past the video list.
Topics: list and times
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:20 NAM Presidential Citation for Exemplary Leadership
- 1:19 COVID-19 numbers and excess deaths
- 4:05 National masking mandate
- 5:55 How to get people to accept masking
- 7:07 Herd Immunity and the Great Barrington Declaration
- 9:51 The holidays and airplane travel
- 13:44 Therapies update
- 17:54 Vaccines update
- 20:08 Vaccine distribution
- 22:00 Vaccine safety
- 24:42 How Australia has dealt with COVID-19 spikes
- 27:00 Acknowledgements and baseball
I always strongly recommend listening to Dr. Fauci as he has very good explanations and discusses current topics. A very knowledgeable and experienced speaker. I don’t always agree with what Fauci says, but I agree with what he says in this interview. (For example, we did not agree on a National masking mandate until he changed to supporting it very recently.) I wrote about this last week. Fauci Update Holidays, Face masks, Vaccines, Herd Immunity.
In this video, Fauci focuses on relevant understandable details of the topics. This is one of my favorite podcasts for physician continuing education and the general public. JAMA is the Journal of the American Medical Association. The podcast name is Coronavirus (COVID-19) Q&A JAMA Network. There are 1 to 5 episodes per week. Good moderator with speakers who are experts in the topic.